Thursday, June 21, 2012

Jesus Shoes and walking out patience

So I am trying to be a good girl and living on a budget and NOT taking money out of savings to make purchases but rather exercising patience and waiting for the money to come in.

 So there I was on a Wednesday night... doing my Target shopping and knowing that my pay check would be deposited shortly... and I came across these lovely little red patent leather wedges! They were just gorgeous and the Dorothy in me just had to have them. THANK GOD that a pair of new shoes were already in the budget!! They had one size 6 left... that was definitely a sign from heaven!!

So I finished my shopping and by 9 PM, my check (which is always in by 8PM) was still not in. Immediately I was frustrated... what the heck was going on?!?! There I was with a shopping cart full of groceries and my beautiful red shoes. Shaun, who is the most patient man on the planet, told me to just wait... what?? Wait?? But I have things to do and it's getting late!!!

15 minutes later I ended up in the car (alone) listening to Blessings by Laura Story and just praying... At 10, I gave it up... "Ok God, I understand... those shoes were just not meant to be". We went home and for whatever reason, my check didn't get deposited until the next morning.

After work, Shaun suggested that we go back to Target to get the shoes. I have to admit I was certain they were going to be gone because it was the last pair and they were just so pretty!! I suggested we try a different Target first on the way home, when we got there, they were sold out and the sales clerk said they sold super fast. I wanted to go home but Shaun was determined so back to our Target we went... and you know something? Not only were my pretty red shoes in my size still there... but they had been marked down from $24.99 to $7.49!! I was able to get them in black and tan also for the less than the price that I had budgeted for just a single pair!!

 How many times to we do this to ourselves?? Just assume that God doesn't want to bless us when life doesn't go exactly as we planned or settle for the "good" when the great is right around the corner??? James 1:2-8 says: Count it all joy, my brothers (and sister shoe shoppers), when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

For me? Me and my 3 pairs of new shoes like the sound of that!!! :)

1 comment: