Wednesday, May 4, 2011

If you don't give up

And you don't give in, you may just be okay

This is from a song, and I am afraid to say I don't remember which one, but I am pretty sure that it is something country since that is what 50% of my household listens to most of the time. For some reason this lyric has been stuck in my head all day. And it's got me to thinking (uh oh... look out world), about how many times we give up quickly and move on to something easier.

So let's use an example that's real. Losing weight. I would love to have my son's gift of massively high metabolic rate, but the reality is, I don't. So too many times I "try", "Fail" and then give up. I know, Wtg RIGHT? For me? This is my one weakness, the one thing that I feel holds me back the most and the one place I keep giving up. And I get tired of it, so very tired of it. I could quote multiple scriptures at this moment, but really it all breaks down to Philippians 4:13 "I can do ALL things THROUGH Christ who gives ME STRENGTH."

So I have decided:

I'm doing this for me. Not for those who called me too fat to be pretty.
Not for the snooty vendors who look down on me when I try on dresses.
Not for those who say "Too bad, she has a pretty face".
Not to make my parents happy.
Not to fit in to a stereotypical idea of beauty.

I'm doing this to get healthy.
To show myself that I can.
To be a strong woman: I can be athletic. I can be beautiful.
I want to feel good in my own skin.
I want to find MYSELF beautiful.
I want to look in my mirror and smile.

I don't want to think "What if I felt good in my skin ..." anymore.
I don't want to look at a beautiful dress and think "Too bad..."
I don't want to think of myself in disgust. My body and I deserve better than that.
I don't want to mistreat my body. It's not my own little garbage can.
I don't want to devalue my health.
I do not want to binge and purge, binge and purge.
I do not want to punish myself anymore.

I'm going to do this, slowly but surely.

And it's going to make all the difference.

God Bless,

Chi

1 comment:

  1. Wow Christyna, thanks for sharing. I'm amazed at God right now. I was praying for you (probably around 11am-ish?) today and this is exactly what I was praying for you about. Usually when I pray for you guys, I pray for your family, you guys spiritually and whatever your prayer requests are at group. Today was different, I prayed for you like I normally do and then it transitioned into this prayer about your health and how as you strive in diligence you will become an example to your kids. I didn't know it was something that you had walked through to this degree, but now I know how to pray even more specifically! I will be covering you as you do what God wants you to do for the reasons he wants you to do it! ;-) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete